|Client:||Grün Berlin Stiftung|
|Cooperation:||UBB Dr. Klaus Möller GmbH, Hans-Georg Kosel, Dr. Hanna Köstler, Ökoplan und Dr. Susanne Salinger, Silas Ploner, Büro Christian Meyer|
The more than 100-year-old Blankenfelde botanical park in Pankow was established in 1910 by Albert Brodersen as a school garden on the site of a former sewage field. Since 1994 it has been a protected site.
In order to facilitate further development of the critical zone between the showing and greenhouse areas and the cultivated landscape, as well as to nourish its ecological potential, a development strategy was created. This gave rise to a programme of measures, and was submitted as a project proposal in the context of the environmental relief programme. The proposed package of measures aims to optimise the ecological conditions and efficiency of the ecosystem, whilst preserving the diversity, character and beauty of the landscape. FJP have been implementing the measures in the botanical park since 2014, and the work is due to be completed in 2016.